THE CHILDREN'S PARLIAMENT INITIATIVE
The Childrens Parliament Initiative seeks to build capacities of the children and young adults through the Childrens Parliaments wherein they would get direct practical experiences in the technicalities concerned with governance and policy implementation. The project would develop the skills of the children and youth through comprehensive trainings based on experiential learning and guided practice in real life situations. The project would ultimately nurture a set of well-informed pro-active youth who would, through their interventions would create an Atmosphere for Change in socio-economic and political landscape of Nagaland.
The project is being implemented in the districts of Dimapur, Wokha and Peren coveing 12 educational institutions and 12 communities on a pilot phase. The initiative would be initiated in the other districts in the coming years.
Goal: The children and youth are capacitated to be meaningful contributors to the progress and development of the communities the Childrens Parliament Mechanism.
• Promotion of Children Parliament in educational institutions and Communities
• Training and Capacity Building of Children for Strengthening Children Parliament
• Engaging Children and youth in Monitoring Governance
• Networking / Advocacy Programs with Government / Non-Government Organizations / Other Stakeholders
• Facilitating Support Services for children to enhance their participation and exercise of their rights.